Happy Flag Day!
I finally decided to start a blog to keep you all informed on what's going on over here in Grandville (especially since my surgery).
It is day 4 after surgery and I'm still in quite a bit of pain if not on my pain medication. It's been a hard day thus far and I don't see it getting any easier. All week my grandmother (Alofs) has been heading downhill quickly and as of this morning "they" are thinking she won't make it through the day. So here we sit and wait...what an awful thing to wait for! Although I know that it will be so much better for her. She has been living with dementia (sp?) for about 5 years now. It has been a downhill battle every since her diagnosis. I just thank our good Lord that He has taken care of her and that she will be rejoined with so many of our other family members that have gone on before her. If I could be so bold as to ask you to pray for my dad (step-dad Gary) as this is surely a difficult time for him and his brother Don. Yes, we have been kind of expecting it for some time, but that still does not make the pain or sadness any less.
As for me, I'm doing okay. I'm healing, slowly but surely. As long as I stay on my meds, I'm okay, although they tend to make me quite sleepy. I've been able to sleep at nite, which is always a good thing. And getting around is getting easier and easier. We're just hoping that within a week I'll be okay to endure a 9 hour car ride to West Va. We're going down with Kent and Annie to meet Shari and Jason for a week at the Good Evening Ranch in Summersville. We've been looking forward to this for a long time.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment