Happy Father's Day to all of the great father's out there. We had a good one, at least I would like to thing so. Daran made his first roast and it smelled WAY good! So he and the kids at roast, mashed potatos and applesauce, while I sipped on my DELICIOUS chicken broth. After a well needed nap, the kids went to Daran's parents and we decided to take a drive. I needed out of the house very badly. We drove down to Algonquin Lake and saw the Kerstetter cottage, very nice place! Then we came back up to Alto and stopped by Curt and Lisa's house and chatted for a while. We came home to a dark neighborhood. The power is still out. And we're wondering how we're gonna sleep w/o a fan!
It was a good day.
Grandma did pass yesterday. She is in Heaven, where we all want to be. God is good. Always.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mandi ( and family) It is so nice to keep up on your family. Thanks. I was sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is hard no matter the age or situation to lose someone you love.
Take care of yourself-
Love, Aunt Loie
Hi Darin & Mandi, So good to hear from you all! The kids are adorable as always! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. My Father is very low also and we have been in that "waiting" time for the last few months and can't imagine he can hang on much longer, but then he does. He is ready to be with his Savior, but we are never ready to let go.
I hope you are feeling better Mandi and getting your strength. You certainly don't want to miss your trip, sounds like FUN!
You will be in our prayers!!
Laura Miedema
Post a Comment