Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's already AUGUST!?!?!?!??



What a beautiful day it is today, I hope you all get outside and do something with your fam. Our kids, along with their cousins, are going to their auntie Nay's house for the afternoon for an overniter with 14 other kids! I think she's nuts, but she's been super excited about for weeks. So without kids, us adult siblings are getting together for a nite of dinner, bowling and drinks - should be a great time!


It was a big week at the Deemter home. I am happy to report that our little Natee is FINALLY fully potty-trained! This has been a long time coming, but she just kinda took it upon herself to start doing it. WOOOHOO! No more diapers for this household.


I went back to work last week. It is good to be back. I was so nervous to go back, afraid I wasn't going to remember how to do things, but it just came back like old hat. ;) And I had missed everyone and realized how much I really like my job.


It's been 7 weeks and I'm down 54 lbs! AMAZING. I am so excited and now that I can start exercising, I'm sure the weight will start melting off. Next week I can add vegetables and toast to my food options. I'm still sore at times (especially at nite, when I sleep in a strange position). And I tend to get sick about daily, but that is of my own doing. I NEED to learn to eat slowly - I've always been a fast eater, that is a habit that is hard to break. If I eat too quickly, I fill up before I realize and there is no where for the food to go. At that point, my best bet is to go to the bathroom and "regurgitate". Not fun, but much better than being in pain!


Next week my girlfriend's and I are going to Pentwater for a 4 day, kid-free bonding fest. I CANNOT wait! It should be a great time. Hopefully we'll have good weather.


That's all I can come up with right now. Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as we are. Hard to believe in a month Carter will be going back to school and starting soccer again. Our lives once again will be hectic and crazy. The one thing that will keep us going is knowing we have a vacation in November ~ DISNEY!


Write more soon.


Lotsa love.










No comments: